Saturday, October 9, 2010

Yodeling and handicrafts


This week my friend and I decided that we wanted to go to a Swiss folk festival. So we looked online on "myswitzerland.com" and found a festival. And thus began a wonderfully random trip to Kleine Scheidegg in the Bernese Oberland. I'm fairly certain we were the only people who came to Kleine Scheidegg expressly for the festival. Kleine Scheidegg (yup, I like repeating that word) is at about 2900 meters (my ears are still in pain...) and there are beautiful alps all around. And we had an odd native dish involving pasta, beef, apple sauce, and fried/dried onions... super good. The lady in the video below let me try to make lace - not on the one she was working on obviously - but she had a little "starter" lace set up that I learned on. Funnnn. After soaking up the festival we went on a nice little hike towards the Alps.

Now I have a lot of homework to do. Yes, I do have that too! I AM still in school :)


No comments:

Post a Comment