Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Swiss Life





Here's a short compilation of some videos I've taken around the house in Switzerland! Hope you enjoy. My host parents got a little camera shy which prevented them from being as extreeeemely talkative as they usually are but I think you'll get a little sense of them :)

Above = me and some friends about to each fondue in a Chalet....isn't my life tragic?

I'm done with all my scheduled classes now so I have a lot of unstructured time! Yesterday I spent all afternoon in the UN library finding sources for my research project. Today I'm in Geneva working in a cafe with my friend Dan. It's been incredibly windy today and yesterday in Geneva so the Lac Leman is quite in a stir! I went to the top of the Cathedral Saint Pierre this morning and the views were unbelievable - you can see all of Geneva, the lake, the Jura mountains in the distance on one side and the Alps on the other. Talk about picturesque.

The hike down from the Chalet where we had out fondue! Snow!!! One of my friends on the hike had never been in falling snow before - he's from Texas. I took SO many pictures of him dancing about in the snow.

This past Sunday I went on a gorgeous little hike with some friends in the Jura Alps to the West of Geneva/Lac Leman. It started to snow in the middle and it was SO BEAUTIFUL.


No comments:

Post a Comment